Friendship Hotel (Oldham)

The Friendship Hotel was at 2 Mumps, Oldham, Lancashire.

It was built in 1795 as The Hat and Beaver.

In 1874 the pub was rebuilt, becoming much larger.

In 1958 the frontage of the ground floor changed with some interesting additions - a revolving door, a canopy over the door, a fire escape and a new upstairs concert room.

In 1969 the Friendship was served with a Compulsory Purchase Order to facilitate the building of a new bus layby (now gone with the Metrolink development). 

It was demolished in 1971.

Info courtesy John H. Warburg

Comments powered by CComment