Tower Club (Salford)

Located in the Broughton district of Salford, to the north of Manchester. The Picturedrome was opened 10th January 1913 by Mr. P.D. Davies. A week after its opening, it was re-named Tower Picturedrome. In 1915 a billiards hall was opened in the basement of the building.

In 1931 it was taken over by the J.F. Emery circuit, but they passed it on a year later to an independent operator. By 1937 it was taken over by the H.D. Moorhouse Circuit. The Tower Cinema was closed on 17th December 1961 with “Steve Reeves in "The White Warrior”.

It was converted into a bingo club in July 1962. It later became a cabaret club, and finally went into retail use as the Great Clowes Warehouse. It has since been demolished

Contributed by Ken Roe to

Comments powered by CComment